Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Quick Note: Sweet Death & Spinning…

To my devoted followers (thanks Dad), I’m sorry I haven’t updated the blog in over a week. I have been plagued with an unbearable fever, chills to the bone, less than adorable sniffles, and a sore throat. Thank god none of this has affected my running.

This is where I hang my head in shame and mention I’m not currently running nor am I supposed to run for another three weeks. After several pitiful attempts to run a mile (ah…...sweet memories), my physical therapist decided it was best for me to completely stop repeatedly humiliating myself  running and let the plantar fasciitis heal until the Adventure Run (3 miles) on May 14th. How appropriate that I run throughout the entire cold-as-balls winter and when the best time of the running season rolls around, I’m condemned to the spin bike at the gym? Although I have to admit, the spin class leaves me dripping in sweat and I got this “hover” nonsense down to a science.

Since I’m still in some flu like agony, I’m going to cut this one short (you’re welcome Dad) and leave it on this note:

Geoffrey Mutai just ran a full marathon in – I can’t even believe that speed. Someone just ran a full 26.2 miles almost two minutes faster than it took me to run a half marathon. It actually took me a hawt minute to realize that he would have lapped me RUNNING TWICE THE DISTANCE. Personally, I don’t take it as a sign that I run too slowly, I'm putting it out there, let's be frank - I think he’s running dangerously too fast. Slow it down buddy, you’re making about 10 million recreational runners look really bad. Yeesh.

3 comments:

  1. Good job listening to the PT and taking time off to heal. The xtraining will keep up your fitness and you'll be just fine for the adventure race, sure it won't be everything you hoped it would be, but you'll still make it to the finish line in one piece. Take it from a xtraining professional due to all the injuries I've sustained over the past few years, xtraining is a fitness saver!!! Feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me to set my goal for my first marathon in October to be not letting Geoffrey Mutai lap me 2 times! hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stuff. Don't make me wait two weeks for the next update.

    ReplyDelete