Thursday, May 26, 2011

I should read things correctly before conjuring up grandiose images.

I was forwarded a running link by a friend and before my over worked brain had a chance to process the article title correctly, I thought I was about to read about a “Golden Girls Half Marathon”.

Even in this millisecond mistake, my mind was already envisioning dressing up like Blanche and puttering out 13.1 miles along 500 Rose look-a-likes talking about St. Olaf. Cheesecake would be served at the finish and the water stations would be under some ...Shady Pines. This was obviously the most ingenious marathon idea. Ever. Screw you Boston.

Then I actually clicked the link and was treated to this.

Oh, Happy Girls Half Marathon.


Not Golden Girls Half Marathon.


Biggest let down of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Just found out their filming a zombie movie near my hometown (Mystic)...pretty cool stuff. Just thought maybe you'd be interested, hah. Maybe I'll go running by where they're doing the filming some time and see if I can sneak a peak at what their version of zombies look like.

    Zombie film schedule set for Norwich and Mystic

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you run by the set can you clock the speed of the zombie extras walking around? Because if they are faster than a 10 m/m, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my life.

    ReplyDelete