Friday, June 24, 2011

The Friday Post

If you talk with the Alabaster Runner (I don't know how though - for reasons completely uknown, he completely shot down the idea of posting his cell phone number on here.....loser) he will confirm that I always secretly wanted to have a black toenail from running as some sort of "running badge" from the sport. It seemed to me that getting a black toenail from completing higher mileage was a rite of passage into "real" running, much like taking your first unexpected #2 on a long run behind a bush (I had a look out, but much more than that I wish I had brought toilet paper), or hitting 20 miles on a training run finally without dying on the side of a road somewhere. I briefly thought I was getting a black toenail during marathon training, but turns out I just need to be more diligent when wearing shower slippers at the gym locker room.
However, when looking up running injuries and coming across this image (warning - graphic) my oddball fantasy has completely dissipated and shriveled up into repulsion.


I mean.....is that normal for a runner's black toe or does this individual need to immediately confess all his sins and pray for swift death? I think I may have dodged a bullet here.




3 comments:

  1. Sweet lord. That is a PROBLEM right there. After the Boston Marathon, I had a black toenail which I ended up losing, and it looked NOTHING like that. I mean, that thing makes my toenail look positively cute. That is like...leprosy or something. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we're underestimating how cute leprosy could look on someone. It's probably like wearing stripes, some people can get away with wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that's a picture of a guys foot after he scaled Mount Everest...not after he ran a marathon!

    ReplyDelete