Friday, June 3, 2011

The snooze button won that battle

I take my morning routine preeeeetttttttyyyyy seriously - so much in fact that I'm in bed every night between 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. just so that I can wake up properly at 4 a.m. to workout/run the next day. I'm one of those individuals who requires a full eight hours of sleep or else small children scream when they see me the next day. Because I'm a beast when I don't get eight hours of sleep.......in case I didn't try hard enough to make that connection....yup.....(cough).

This routine isn't cool, hell - I'm not sure if it's even remotely normal - but it's my thang and I like it. I'm sorry I just typed "thang", I know better than that. Let's just get to the point of this post. It's sadly already past my self imposed bedtime.

My alarm went off every day this week at 4 a.m. and this is exactly what happened everyday at 4 a.m.

Nothing.

Unless you count my hand swatting my cell phone to snooze the alarm, not one thing happened. I DIDN'T put on my pink running shorts. I DIDN'T give my adrenline pumped-up pug a kong to shut up her while I ran. I DIDN'T slip on my Asics. And I DIDN'T run around my ridiciously hilly neighborhood.

Of course I regret being lazy and skipping my runs so I'm determined to run this weekend. Here's hoping it doesn't hit 90 degrees. I must live a mile from the sun.

5 comments:

  1. Alabaster Runner6/3/11, 8:56 PM

    It is a sad but true story. I have to admit I was not that much better but when I have to wake up a 3 am to go running and be at work by 6 am (hour to run, an hour to work) it is a little hard. But I should have done what she told me to do.....push her out of bed and tell her to go running. Maybe tomorrow??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not your best effort. Next time get some more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is the only negative comment from my dad? How glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You prefer the 4 AM run to the after-work run? Just curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done a handful of after work runs, but I find it extremely difficult to stay motivated throughout the day. Even though on this post I had trouble getting out of bed that week, 90% of the time I'm up and ready to go at 4 a.m. I love knowing that I have my run done before I hit work.

    Because honestly, if I have a choice between running hills or watching "The Simpsons" after work, running is not winning that battle. Thank god "The Simpsons" isn't on at 4 a.m.

    ReplyDelete